Hello Croton Soccer Families,
We hope this update finds you healthy & safe. We’re posting the below email communication that went out in late July via SportsConnect (the online registration system replacing Blue Sombrero). We are in still in wait mode until we can confirm the fall season but a reminder that if you complete your child’s no-fee early registration by 8/14, you will be entered into the gift card drawing.
The no-fee registration period has been extended to Monday, 8/24 given the power outage situation throughout the village. Please note, ALL registrations will be put on the waitlist and when we have Fall season confirmation, we will activate all players who register prior by 8/24.
***** From 7/24 email *****
Fall 2020 – No-Fee Early Registration Open
We’re looking ahead to the Fall. In reality, there are more unknowns than knowns. Many of things we take as given in a normal Fall – access to school, village and County fields, signing up for tournaments, training youth refs, recruiting parent coaches, forming teams – all those things are now unknown. With that, we want to be ready for the Fall in case things do open up; whether that means being able to have a regular season, or some kind of modified one.
Setting up a season takes time, and it starts with gauging how many kids we’re going to have. We’re therefore opening up a no-money-down registration so we can get a read on the number of expected kids. Based on the number who sign up – and the guidelines that will be coming through – we’ll start outlining options: maybe limit things to practices that maintain social distancing; maybe have games with fewer players on the field. It’s all up in the air right now, but we’re committed to making something work, and that starts with understanding how many kids are in.
No Money Down Registration Details:
1. No-money down Registration starts today, and will run through August 17th.
2. Pre-K and VIP annual costs will be $100 (including uniform).
3. U6 and up annual costs will be $175 (including uniform).
4. AYSO National fee ($20) and Sports Connect transaction fee ($2.75) are separate from Croton AYSO fees.
5. By late August we will (hopefully) know what’s doable, and will invite all those who registered to complete payment.
6. Bonus incentive: If you register before August 14th (and complete payment in late August), we will include you in a drawing to win one of eight $25 gift cards.
How To Register:
1. Go to: https://www.ayso455.org/region455
2. Blue Sombrero is now Sports Connect. All account information should have transferred over so parents should be able to just use their old account login/password.
3. Everyone will be registered onto a waitlist, and the confirmation note will reflect that.
4. Please send any questions or concerns to: email@example.com
You don’t need to pay to register (yet), and you’ll help us do the planning that’s needed. There will be a time in our community when it’s okay to get our players back onto the fields, and we want to be ready. So, do something normal-ish and sign-up your kid for soccer.
Croton AYSO Soccer