We want to assure you that AYSO takes the health and well-being of our players, volunteers and supporters very seriously. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Per AYSO National direction and given today’s NY state government declarations, all soccer activities including practices, training, matches, and tournaments have been postponed. This policy will remain in place until further notice and we will be following government directives on avoiding non-essential gatherings. We plan to reassess this position in mid-April and will be in communication again.
In the meantime, a way to continue your love for the sport is to check out these resources:
- Getting Started: Soccer Training for Kids at Home (https://soccerinnovations.com/si-blog/soccer-training-for-kids-at-home/) details some fun at-home training tips
- Drills: Check out these soccer drills for kids in this video along with how to get better at soccer by yourself from Simply Soccer on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ERmmge-8GM
- Soccer rebounders are also a great at-home tool
- US Soccer is digging through the archives and posting memorable games, moments and other content from the past on their Facebook page, see here: https://www.facebook.com/officialussoccer
- Participate: Join the AYSO National #StayAtHomeChallenge including team challenges, activity ideas, books and crafts, classic MLS soccer, virtual stadium tours, movie reccos and much, much more, here: https://ayso.org/ayso-resources-what-to-do-during-your-break-from-the-soccer-field/
Croton AYSO Board, Region 455