We want to assure you that AYSO takes the health and well-being of our players, volunteers and supporters very seriously. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Per AYSO National direction and given today’s NY state government declarations, all soccer activities including practices, training, matches, and tournaments have been postponed. This policy will remain in place until further notice and we will be following government directives on avoiding non-essential gatherings. We plan to reassess this position in mid-April and will be in communication again.
In the meantime, a way to continue your love for the sport is to check out these resources:
Croton AYSO Board, Region 455
Hello Croton AYSO families,
We hope your new year is off to a great start! The spring season is a couple months away and the AYSO board members and coaches are in the midst of coordinating logistics. In the meantime, a few reminders & updates:
- Registration is for the full 2019/2020 academic year and includes both Fall ’19 and Spring ’20 seasons. If you played in the fall, there’s no need to re-register as you’re already enrolled for the spring season.
- Same teams, same coaches for Spring ’20 as in Fall ’19
- Practice times generally stay the same pending coach availability
- The season is expected to run from early April to mid June; exact dates will be shared once confirmed.
- Registration for new players is open year round for the VIP (Very Important Player/Special Needs) and Under 5/Jamboree divisions. For all other divisions (U6-U14), we maintain a first come, first serve waitlist with activation off of waitlist pending space availability. To register for VIP/U5 or U6-U14 waitlists for the spring season, please go to the registration tab (https://crotonsoccer.org/information/registration/) for information and link to online registration platform.
For more updates, please check back on this site and follow Croton AYSO on Facebook.
Croton AYSO Board
Reminder that AYSO Picture Day is tomorrow (10/26) and pre-orders are due today (10/25) by 9p EST! Detailed info on picture day including team schedule and entrance location (PVC Door #3) can be found at https://crotonsoccer.org/information/picture-day/.
Picture pre-order link is https://preorder.groupphotographers.com/#/wo/702808
There will be a donation box for old CLEAN soccer uniforms if you’d like to help us donate to PeacePassers.org. Only Croton AYSO jerseys, shorts or socks please; no cleats or other uniforms.
And remember, no cleats or balls please!
See you tomorrow!
Picture day schedule is up on the Picture Day 2019 tab (https://crotonsoccer.org/information/picture-day/). Please note a very important change – all pictures will take place at PVC Middle School (3 Glen Place) in the 3rd Floor Gym.
Please use the pre-order link if you’re ordering pictures to help make the day go smoothly. And, as in years prior – no cleats or soccer balls please.
A reminder that there are no games this weekend (10/13) and Saturday practice is at coaches’ discretion so please check with your team. Also, for U10-U14 teams, please continue to check game schedules on Blue Sombrero weekly as there can be updates during the season.
Also upcoming – Picture Day! AYSO pictures for all teams will be held on Saturday, October 26th at PVC Middle School (not CET). Picture schedule and link to pre-ordering will be shared as soon as ready so please check back on this website closer to the date.
Hello Croton AYSO families,
Welcome back to fall soccer! We’re excited to start the Croton AYSO CORE fall season and hope everyone enjoys the first day. All registered players should have received team assignments and practice times from their coaches. We have an active waitlist for all divisions (excluding VIP & U5 which are year round enrollment) and we will contact waitlist players if space opens up throughout the season.
Uniforms will be distributed during opening weekend. Since the old Croton uniform has been officially retired, we are coordinating a uniform drive to donate gently used team sets to communities who can reuse the gear. We’ll send more information out on that soon and if you’d like to help, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, all players should come to every practice/game with water, cleats, shin guards and the appropriate size soccer ball (size 3 for U5/U6/U7/U8, size 4 for U10/U12, size 5 for U14).
Finally, if you haven’t already, please sign up for the RainedOut notification system (sign up button is on the right side of the http://www.crotonsoccer.org home page) to receive alerts on field closings and practice/game cancellations.
Thank you and looking forward to a great soccer season,
Croton AYSO Board
Hello AYSO families!
We’re excited to start the fall season in September. We are working on team assignments and laying out practice & game schedules over the next few weeks. In the meantime, please note the following:
Registration for the 2019/2020 AYSO CORE season is now closed for all divisions with the exception of U5/Jamboree and our Very Important Player (VIP) programs which accept registrations year round. The waitlist is open for all other U6-U14 players who did not register but would still like to play. Activation off the waitlist is dependent on space availability and on a first come, first served basis. To sign up for the waitlist, please register on our online platform (https://www.ayso455.org/region455).
Key dates for the fall AYSO CORE season are below – please note, dates are subject to change as many details are still being worked out.
- Team assignments & practice schedules/locations will be confirmed towards the end of the week of 9/2
- Game schedules/locations will be released as soon as AYSO regional finalizes them
- First CORE practices are on Saturday, 9/14
- First CORE games for U7, U8, U10, U12, U14 divisions are on Sunday, 9/15
- No CORE games will be held on 10/13
- Picture day will be 10/26 (both club & CORE)
- Last CORE games for U7 & U8 is tentatively set for Sunday, 11/10
- Last CORE games for U10-U14 are on Sunday, 11/17
Croton FC (club soccer) season schedule is slightly different and will be communicated directly from the club team coaches.
All players should come to every practice/game with water, cleats, shin guards and the appropriate size soccer ball (size 3 for U5/U6/U7/U8, size 4 for U10/U12, size 5 for U14).
Lastly, please sign up for the RainedOut notification system (sign up button is on the right side of the http://www.crotonsoccer.org home page) to receive alerts on field closings and practice/game cancellations. Please also make sure your email system does not filter out emails from Blue Sombrero as it’s our primary communication method for Croton AYSO-wide news.
Thank you and looking forward to a great soccer season!
Croton AYSO Board