We hope everyone’s ready for a great fall season! Registration is now closed and practices & games start in a few weeks. Team assignments, practice schedules & locations are being finalized and will be communicated during the week of 9/3. In general, all AYSO Core practices are on Saturdays with games on Sundays for U8 & above.
Please note the following key dates for Fall 2018:
- Saturday, 9/8: First AYSO Core practice
- Sunday, 9/15: First game for U8, U10, U12 and U14 divisions (no Sunday games for VIP, U5-Jamboree or U6)
- Sunday, 10/8: No Sunday games (note – Saturday practice at coaches’ discretion)
- Saturday, 10/13: Picture Day at CET (online order form & schedule to be emailed)
- Sunday, 11/11: Last game of the fall season (tentative/pending final league confirmation)
Uniforms will be distributed at the first practice. For all practices, please make sure your child comes equipped with soccer cleats, shin guards, water bottle and an age appropriate soccer ball (Size 3 for U5/U6/U8, Size 4 for U10/U12, Size 5 for U14). Please also sign up for the Field Closing Notifications on the website (www.crotonsoccer.org) as weather cancellations are communicated via RainedOut texts.
As a reminder, U5 is parent-assisted. U6/U8 are not drop off and parents/guardians should remain close to the field in case assistance is needed.
Finally, please keep in mind that Croton AYSO is a 100% volunteer-run organization. We need volunteers for all groups but most urgently need coaches in the U6, U8 and U10 divisions. No previous experience is necessary, just a team-oriented attitude and willingness to create a positive environment for our kids. We also need volunteer youth game referees for the U8 division. If you’ve got an older child looking for community service hours, this is a perfect low commitment opportunity for them. Please email email@example.com if you can help.
Thank you and looking forward to a great season!
Croton AYSO Board